MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer



I finally came around to do a beauty post here. Make-up has been part of my daily routine since the age of 15 and I can't imagine my life without it. I think it'll be a nice addition to the blog and also fun to do. 
After finally getting a new remote I got busy, I must tell, getting myself in the center of the frame was already a challenge at the start. It also gradually got darker during my session, but in the end, I got there. My lips were burning a bit after rubbing off these liquids too, because they're meant to last, which is a good thing, right?

I scored these mattes during the 1+1 Kruidvat action we had in June and been using them ever since.
 All of them are really good quality for the price you pay, especially If you're used to the overall liquid mattes feeling. They're dry and sometimes hard to apply smoothly, but once you get there, it will last you for some hours. Mostly until the time you eat and then you have to reapply it, which you can do about two more times after initially applying it.

I have the Lip Lacquer in four colors, one of them is a nude, but I didn't have it with me when I took the pictures. 

I'll be reviewing the following shades:



Vivacity

I love this bright shade of fuchsia. You can keep the rest of your make-up basic, not to have a too overwhelming effect during the day, but amp it up during evening time.
  As you might see the texture is a bit thicker, but I reapplied two more times already, because I had it on during the day, while out. I think it still looks fine considering.





Zest

This is the shade that I use the least, I like the color, but somehow it's maybe a bit too much to wear during the day. The picture might not show it well, but it does have a fluorescent quality to it. Also of the four shades I own, this one is the hardest to apply. Somehow you keep seeing the color difference between the first line you set to the ones that follow. You kind of see it on the second picture.
 



Kooky

I love dark lips and Kooky is definitely a nice addition to the collection. Against to what you might think, this is a shade that applies the best. The texture is a bit thinner, so you can build it up more easy, but as with all dark colors, every imperfection is very visible.



All in all, I'm happy with these matte velvets and would recommend them if you are not completely against the matte formula in general. Some of the problems are that they're a bit tricky to apply and build up and it takes some time to dry completely. They also stain my teeth (not a good look) when freshly applied, so I have to blot some tissue on the inside of my lips.
 As I said, they're definitely good quality for 4.99 euros you pay a piece, so it's worth trying them.


No comments